Nuffnang

Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Cheapest Date EVER!!!!

... and trust me, I don't mean it in a bad way. Well, if you know me well enough, you will know that I'm ..well.. a cheapo at heart >,< I actually like eating in road side stalls and stuff - not only because it taste nice, but because it's cheap =,= BUT, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the occasional splurge or luxuries. There is just some satisfaction in getting things done with a minimum spending of money. 

I think today is just my "cheapest" date in my dating history (not that I have many relationship experience -,-), and I'm betting you are curious about this cheap date I'm talking about. So you see, it's Sunday ..and oh well, Sundays are for sleeping in right? So breakfast was skipped :p - no cost there ;) then Jackson and I head over to One Utama to meet my family and we had lunch together in a Japanese restaurant located in Isetan. Guess what? No cost there because my mom had cash vouchers rewarded to her on her previous cosmetic purchase.

After lunch was movie!!!
Credits go to owner of the picture - this is not mine ;)
Guess what?! again there is no cost incurred for the movie tickets because it was redeemed using free movie passes that was given to me by my aunt. The only thing that Jackson and I spent on was popcorn and drinks.
Credits to Goh LinLin's blog
After the movie, we were headed home for home cooked dinner (no cost for us there ;)), but Jackson needed to head over to Giant in Kelana Jaya to get some stuff.....*drumrolls*
Credits to this blog post
and we shared a cup of Starbucks coffee...FOR FREE!!!!!! Why so? Oh well, there was some voucher attached with the CLEO magazine that I bought way early in the month which allows us to claim Starbucks' new coffee - sort of like a sample in skincare lines.

To quote "I get very big adrenaline rush from saving money"... 
Yeap!! You've guessed right - Extreme Couponing~I think if this system works here in Malaysia - I can totally live like that. Don't you go judging me being some cheapo or something (although I admit that I'm one, it just doesn't sound nice coming from other ppl's mouth except my own) - if you really have to call me cheapo; add PRINCESS inside - I'll so take the compliment. Yes, there is a difference between "cheapo" and "PRINCESS cheapo/ cheap" :p

This program is awesome (actually the coupon-ing system is) I tell you, it's damn addictive to just watch them shop with coupons. The best part? Not only they get their groceries done for FREE...But!!!! sometimes they even walk out of the supermarket with extra money (given by the supermarket) - awesome or what?! it's like you are paid by the supermarket to shop at the said supermarket and get to KEEP THOSE STUFF THAT YOU BUY!! OMG~*ecstatic* How it works? Well, from my understanding - it's like if the coupon for a particular brand of water is for 2 bucks, and the supermarket it actually having some promo on the said brand of water and selling for say 1 buck? ...den at the end of the day, when I check out for that water - the supermarket gotta pay me 1 buck! (2 bucks coupon spend to by 1 buck water = 1 buck change!)

I was just watching this episode where this family of four just live off a student loan!!! like what the hell seriously - Now, I await the day that there would be such system here!

Oh~ and incase you guys are curious about the episode I'm talking about I took the liberty to embed it here for you~Love me or what?
If you guys want to watch more of this - look it up in Astro ( I rmb watching it on TV once, and that's how I found out about this show) or just YouTube "Extreme Couponing"... ENJOY~ and feel the adrenaline rush yo! :P

No comments: