Nuffnang

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nostalgia

Nostalgia, "a yearning for the past, often in idealized form" (wikipedia,n.d) :p 

 Jokes aside, I am feeling a little nostalgic over the past few days. Nostalgia, in the sense that I miss those things that has happened in the past - and not in an idealized form, the past as it is. Happened two days ago when I was driving to work, and the traffic was a little slow moving so there were many stops made. Out of the many stops, there were a few that was made right next to those mini school buses - and guess what, it was the same bus that use to chauffeur the kids back in the days that I worked in the kindergarten and it is still driven by the same driver. I took a closer look at the kids in the bus, and true enough they are going to the kindergarten that holds fond memories for me. After that, I took time to revisit those days in my thoughts whenever there is a stop and I can't help but feel happy, and sad at the same time cause those days will never repeat itself. It is one of those memories that you will look back and go "Aaaa~ those are the days..." Which reminds me about the youtube video by Jinnyboy which was a hit and I'm sure most of you have already seen it - "My Generasi" (embedded below)


Despite the fact that primary school (and maybe parts of secondary) is not the best time of my life, or at least the highlight of it - I still miss some of those times. Days where all I need to worry about is passing the exams and finishing my homework (and the occasional tuition homework). Not to say that I'm not enjoying my life now, I am! But there is always one part of me which will miss those times that have been dear to me, and they still are. I've no idea why I came out with this emo post. Probably because I'm stressing over my thesis, and I'm a little lost right now. Anyhow, I'll need to FOCUS! Oh oh~ and guess what? I'll be going on a movie date next Friday~ maybe I'll update about the movie after it - at least there is a nicer tone to it than this emo post :p

for now~ toddles!

~ <3 ~

No comments: